Sunday, February 19, 2012

WEEK OF: 02/12–02/18=AMAZING


It’s been an amazing week for us.  One of the best I think we could have asked for since arriving out here in Quartzsite.With it being valentines and all, we did really nothing spectacular. Went into Parker for groceries and we choose Pizza Hut for our lunch out.

I guess I’m the romantic person and Brian isn’t.  so I have given up hopes on anything surprising, but I still love the man that he is-so won’t ask for anymore than that. Although he did try to buy me a single rose, I politely decline for two reason.  One my allergies have been horrible this winter and I no longer own any vases to put it in.  So I gave him a kiss said thank you, but all I need was your love, and I know that I have it.

On Wednesday we had to get taxes done and I also received a call from Amazon.com in Fernley and had a phone interview this past week as well.  Since I had worked both in Colorado and in Kansas I had to fill out two non-residents forms for state taxes and not sure on how to go about it, we went to the Quartzsite Senior Center where two days a week they will help you do your taxes.  In the past we had to rely on places like H&R Block, but this years taxes were different.  Instead of having to file hundreds of paper work to the federal government for being self-employed, and then giving the government loads of money, not to mention H&R Block.  Nope, this year was nice, simple tax forms and for once in over 10 years, the government finally owed me money back!  Enough to start an emergency maintenance fund for our car and motorhome.

We got to the Senior center early morning and knew we might have to wait a bit in line. Sure enough there was already 3 cars sitting outside waiting. After us came along several others and two got gutsy enough to get out and stand in the cold-trying beat all of us that was there before hand. Oh well, we all got in and served in a timely manner.  The folks that at the center that helped us along were amazing and we really appreciated their kindness and  help.

Now the rush to get home before my phone interview with Amazon.  almost made it when the phone rang.  So I pulled over (I was on BLM Land and easy to pull over), took the phone call and 15 minutes later, I was officially hired for the Fernley Fulfillment Center! 

I’m really excited as well as Brian about going to Fernley this year.  We know that it can get a bit colder, specially at night, but it appears that have loads of sunshine and they do warm up a bit in the daytime. 
We will only be minutes from Reno, Taos and lots of areas for hiking and walking, along with our new adventure, this too will be exciting.   I don’t know my exact start date yet, that will come at a later date.  All I know it will be sometime in Oct and work thru Dec.

The weather here out in the desert this week has been mainly sunny-as usual.  However on Wednesday night we did get a passing shower that settled the dust for at least a day.  One thing is for sure; like everywhere else we go, it appears the weatherman cannot predict wind speeds.  According to the weather channel on our cell phone, we should be only getting winds between 10-15mph.  Well, they need to come out here and check the speed, for it’s been way higher and now twice we have had to rush in putting up the awning.

Also this week I have been taking advantage of the solar power and been working on photos on the computer.  I had scanned all of our photo albums several years back and now I’m slowly working on those pictures.  Many are older black and white of Brian’s family and need to be tweaked with my photo-shop element that I enjoy using.  It takes out scratches and blemishes, along with other touch-ups.
Here are some examples of before and after:
03F.jpg-0103F.jpg-02
Brian with a patch over his eye


4I.jpg-024J
Brian’s one sister and his dad

As I’m busy doing that, Brian enjoys laying out catching the sun rays.  He gets a little upset with me at times, for I remind him to put on some sun screen.  Of course, Leah also loves being out doors, she constantly scans the area for any moving lizards-and they all seem to just stay out of her reach.

Well I hope as Feb. comes nearer to the end, that the temps keep going to warmer and that this next week is just as amazing as this past one was.

No comments:

Post a Comment