Tuesday, June 26, 2012

PLAYING CATCH-UP….

Dealing with altitude sickness has put me behind on a lot of things. But I’m in no hurry and have the rest of my life to play catch up and if I don’t-oh well-life will go on, right?  But I will try my best to play “Catch-up” while I can.

We spent a week at Coyote Creek and was beautiful.  The Cell phone worked there-somewhat…I could use the phone to put quick messages on FB or we could check the weather  or take in phone calls-but that was about the limit of our usage.  Coyote Creek did have a WI-FI service that I could go up and use (outside), but didn’t feel like doing it.  Rather I enjoyed spending the days outdoors instead of worrying about computing.

The past week we really have been  out of communication. We decided that since I got my altitude sickness finally under control that we would really head for the mountains.

While staying at Coyote Creek campground we came across two ladies that had just come from Santa Barbara Campground in the Carson National Forest and said the hiking trials were spectacular to go see and do.  The one told us about a water fall and about two lakes that you can hike to.  Well that intrigued my interest so much that we needed to check it out!

At first our plans was to leave the motorhome at Coyote Creek and take  our tent and go for just a few nights.  But we started to think about it (rather Brian did) he asked what I would think about spending a week with the motorhome instead.  I was ready and packed in no time!

We left on Sunday (June 16th-Father’s Day) and headed to the high country.  We took each day daily, not knowing if I would have any troubles and now that our time came  to an end-I had survived!

We spent the time hiking, relaxing and since they are still in stage one of the burn ban, we could enjoy campfires once again.  We did go about two miles up the road where we could get a signal for our phone and checked messages every couple of days.

Now rumors are flying around about some state parks and national parks shutting down for a spell and leaving us few choices to go. They are trying to reduce the risk of fires-specially over the 4th of July week.

Storrie Lake (State Park) will not close and therefore we will lock in here through the 4th of July week.  Hopefully once that is over they will again re-open these parks and we can finish our adventure.  And if not-well we will cross those bridges when it’s time.  

I’m not totally thrilled about  this park-particularly because it’s high desert country and hot…oh well…life such as it is…I guess I will be making Lemonade out of Lemons.

I will take this time and play catch-up on the computer and maybe take in a few books and who knows what else…

No comments:

Post a Comment