Saturday, September 22, 2012

PLAYING CATCH UP

I know I haven’t written much on my blog webpage.  But there comes a time in one’s life that just needs a “slow down”.  Well this has been my time to slow down.

I haven’t really done a whole lot with the computer.  I go on and check emails and maybe write a few things on Facebook-but that’s been about it.

Now that I’m back on track and in gear once again-it’s time to play catch up.  I know I haven’t written much of late on my blog; but that soon should change and will write at least once a week.

Since my last post we left Las Vegas a couple of days ahead of schedule; we just got tired of the business of the place and wanted a little peace and quiet before I initially started working.

so we headed to Walker Lake just outside of Hawthorne NV.  The land surrounding Walker Lake is either BLM Land or belong to the Army Ammunition Depot. 

Again we only stayed for a few nights.  There really wasn’t much there.  Oh there was a lake-but we couldn’t swim in it due to all the silt in the water.  There was hardly any boat activity since it’s a salt water lake.  We were surrounded by very rocky mountains with absolutely no trees anywhere.

                                               DSC09254

The only thing I could say about this place is that we did get some beautiful evening skies.  But generally the days were hot and the nights mild.  We had no hook-ups at all-since it was BLM land.

DSC09271  DSC09340

After leaving Walker Lake we moved on step closer to Fernley and landed our feet again for a couple of more nights at the County Park in Fallon NV.  Here we did get water and electric on our site; which meant we could run our AC.

The park wasn’t too bad and there was a nice walking/bike path that we could walk on.  The downfall was that we were on Hwy 95 and constantly heard semi’s all day and all night long. 

DSC09343  DSC09345

Did you know that Fallon is the home Top Gun?  We weren’t too far and could constantly hear the roar of the jets taking off.

We arrived one day before our schedule date at Fernley RV Park.  This is where we will be parked until at least the 23rd of Dec.  It’s not a super big park and host only 40 sites. 

Fernley is about 30 miles east of Sparks/Reno and only about 3 miles from Amazon.  So far we are finding it to be a friendly little community and everyone thus far has been nice to us.  Some of the folks here in the park have been here for a long time while others are just traveling through and then of course there are us who work seasonally for Amazon.

Brian likes it here a lot.  Everything is in walking distant for him (including Wal-Mart) and once the temps get out of the 90’s I know he will be outdoors more.  We even think Leah likes it here-she already has a boyfriend (or two) and she is getting along great with the other doggies around here.

I do have one week already in with Amazon and has gone fairly well so far.  I got days and in outbound-which I request-So that makes me a Happy Camper!

The body was a bit sore the first few days-but it was actually easy for me to get back into the swing.  I have already exceeded way past what was expected out of me by the second day.  I received a “positive feed-back” which will go into my file.

Now that we are settled in and I can play “catch up”- we will see how the rest will pan out……

No comments:

Post a Comment