Friday, June 3, 2011

DOWNTIME

Walk, walk, walk-2 miles, 5 miles, 10 miles.  After working so hard in building up over the course of the winter to walk an average of 7 miles a day, with exception of 10 miles on some days.  Now I have to start all over in re-building.  But that  won’t happen until the 1st of July.

Even though the surgery I had on my foot was considered minor, it’s putting me in a downtime of 21 days of no walking or hiking.  For the first 4 days, only place I am allowed to walk to is to and from the bathroom and maybe to a chair outdoors later on-weather permitting.

For a person use to being on my feet and always moving around, I’m hoping that I don’t go completely bonkers during this down time.  I have the TV with only two channels for some entertainment or “noise”.    I do have many photos that I’m working into putting into videos, so that will help pacify a few hours a day.  I can catch up on emails and Face Booking, now that our Internet works here at the camper.  I am hand sewing covers for our seat cushion to protect against Leah’s claws; plus I have offered to put patches onto shirts & jackets for the State Park.   I have some books to read, and last but surely not least, I can just take a siesta here and there.  So there should be no excuse of me going bonkers-right?

But yet, I’m still not use to just sitting around and doing “nothing”.  I miss walking Leah, or just taking a leisure stroll with Brian or going adventuring in hiking.  when I do finally get the “permission” from my doctor to start the walking again-I know I will have to start out slowly to rebuild all that I have lost…

There is an upside to this down time:  I get catered to from a wonderful hubby, I don’t have to get dress, so therefore I get to stay comfy, and I finally have an excuse for being lazy for a few days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment