Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A NEW COMPUTER

In the 11+ years that I have had to experience and learn all about computers, I never was excited about owning a new one as I was for the one I just got.  My very first computer was a nightmare experience and one would think I would have hung it up right then there, but I plucked along.
I started out with learning on the millennium edition with a quick transaction to the Windows XP-which I really liked. then they had to change it to the Windows Vista. I wasn’t impressed with Vista at all.  But now they have come out with Windows 7. The features that they have added really caught my attention and I knew I wanted a new computer with these features. 
There really wasn’t anything wrong with my “old” computer and I probably could have changed out the Vista to the Windows 7 on it.  But I have heard nightmare stories of others changing their computer from one operating system to another and had nothing but serious trouble-to me that wasn’t an option, since I can get short fused with a computer when all doesn’t go just right…
Brian agreed that since I got hired on with Amazon.com for seasonal work this fall, that I could get a new computer with my first paycheck.  But instead he surprised me recently when he said I could get it now.  Needless to say I was ready to go shopping for my new pc!
We went to several computer stores until I found one that worked for me.  Two of the places had the same thing and prices were pretty competitive to each other, but what sold me was the extended warranty at the one.  Just like clothing, food, cars and other items we purchase, there are several makers to computers.  Personally I’m very partial to the Toshiba brand.  So therefore my new computer is once again a Toshiba.

DSC04258Toshiba Notebook

Now the fun part began-transferring from old computer to the new.  In the past I would back up on disc and use my memory stick to do the transfer. This process would take forever.  Yeah, I know there are other gadgets out there that would have made my life a little more simpler, but really-how often do you transfer from one to another?  In my case, not often.  So along with the new computer, I have decided that instead of backing things up on a disc, I wanted a hard drive back-up. 
Everything transfer nicely and all my stuff can be stored on the hard-drive back up instead of on several disc.  I think  I’m going to like this new computer and the back-up….

DSC04259Seagate Hard Drive Back-up

No comments:

Post a Comment