Saturday, December 3, 2011

COUNTING DOWN


Well as the countdown begins and it starts to get busy, my blog web pages may have to be short and sweet for now…But again-you just never know what I might write or when….with that said:
After two months of working at Amazon and avoiding volunteer time off we are now in full swing with the countdown to Christmas. Earlier this week we started with voluntary overtime that turned into mandatory for us this past Thursday for inbound.

Several folks including all that I have met and became acquainted with has been moved to outbound with plenty of overtime for them.  I have been left in inbound in receiving/prepping.  We are only getting 1 day overtime while outbound is doing 2 days of overtime or coming in one hour earlier.  Those that I have met didn’t want the overtime as I did. 

Also this past week while working on the receiving line, Christmas songs were playing, putting some of us in the Christmas spirit, then comes along those that didn’t want the music;  turned it off and started to play hard rock music. It sadden my heart to really know there are scrooges out there…
On the positive side of Amazon:  The week of Thanksgiving we had a meal catered in from a local catering company.  We had Turkey, mash potatoes with gravy,green beans cranberry salad and for desert bread pudding.  It was very tasty.  those that had to work a couple of hours on Thanksgiving Day got to take home a pumpkin pie.  This next week we are having another meal catered in and this time it’s stuff chicken breast, rice pilaf, and I don’t remember the rest of the menu.  Management also has been going around handing out small little trinkets to us workers.  Also all of us workampers received a workampers force T-shirt.

CIMG0047       CIMG0049

So the countdown begins…..only 3 weeks left and I’m done for the season with Amazon. Will I return to Amazon again next season? Probably, but not here in Coffeyville. I’m wishing for Fernley NV since we plan on spending the next several years that way touring the West.

You know I think I could get use to this kind of a lifestyle…Work maybe from Sept to Dec for Amazon.com and then the rest of the time off to tour around; Yep let the countdown begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment