Saturday, December 10, 2011

A PENNY, NOTE & GIFT CARD

This past few weeks has been a little harder on me.  What has happened is that many folks that I started here with Amazon got moved to outbound and I got left behind in inbound. 


So lunch time and break time became lonely place for me and even on the floor those that were still around were the regular workers, treating me as if I just got there.  On a few occasion I had to remind them that I have been there and I knew how to do my job.


This was becoming a depressing note for me at on a few occasion I was ready to just walk out-but instead I would walk to the bathroom-shed a few tears go back out and held my head high and went on with working.


A lady seen I was feeling lonely and came over and has in braced me with her kindness and friendship and ever since has been a great friend and I will always remember her-Thanks Val!  And along with her came a sweet older couple.  Val has gone out on the limb to even talk to plant manager to let her know how this past week or so has effected me.  The plant manager came over with a smile and had a nice chat with me-which has helped brighten my spirits some.


Determined to make the next 3 weeks as pleasant as possible I got to work one morning and in front of my locker was a penny-heads up.  Of course I had to laugh and thought of my co-worker who got moved over to out bound and thinking he put the penny there for me.  “A Penny For Your Thoughts”.  So I kept the penny and will keep it with me.


CIMG0047 (2)

At lunch time I got my lunch out and found a napkin in it.  Thinking who got into my lunch and put a napkin in it.  I took it out and found this note written on it:


CIMG0050

Leave it to George to write that I’m still short (He is also the one I think put the penny in front of my locker).  That made my day and another laugh.  Of course those around me wonder why I was laughing at a napkin until I showed them my note!    You see George and Bonnie and Nancy we all became good friends and those three got moved to outbound.  I’m still glad that George can still pick on me!


In the mornings after we clock in we do stand-up before going to our designated stations.  It’s here that they get announcements, stretch our muscles before work.  We do this again right after lunch. 


This past week they have been doing 14 days of Peak Drawing.  They drew three names and those winners won $10.00 Amazon Gift Certificate.  This particular day they ante it up to $25.00 dollars and instead of three winners they went to just one.  I was the winner that day!  Needless to say I stood there dump founded when my name was called!


CIMG0058

CIMG0061

to top the day off, my percentage on the receiving line was way up as well-and I wasn’t even trying to make quota-but I manage to go above and beyond my own expectation and Amazons.

No comments:

Post a Comment