Friday, August 17, 2012

ADVENTURE NEARING AN END…..

As we traveled a mile and a half each morning to the top of the “hill” to check emails, I finally received the email that I have been waiting for for several weeks.  Amazon.com in Fernley NV has decided to take on us seasonal camperforce a ahead of normal schedule. 

We all were given start dates for both September and October.  The first being on the 2nd of Sept.  We had to email back two choices for start dates.  I chose the 2nd or the 9th of Sept-in hopes for the 2nd.  As it turned out, I got the 16th of Sept.  That’s okay now it allows us to complete our Adventure here in New Mexico-finishing with Bluewater State Park.

So now we sit back and go “wow, already”?  Where has our summer gone?  Yes, I could choose a later start date, but knowing that we will be traveling California next summer and knowing that the prices are higher there-the more money-the better for us to travel.

This will be my second year working seasonal for Amazon.com, my first with the Fernley fulfillment center.  Last year was at Coffeyville, KS.  It seemed to have rain, and the campsites at the park we were at was always flooded out.  Never seen much of the sun come the month of Dec.  It made a “depressing” area for my husband, Brian and our little Min Pin, Leah while I worked.

We know this year in Fernley, the nights can get mighty cold, and the wind may blow fierce at times.  But, the days will be warm or at least tolerable and we should see more of the sun.  That will help Brian and Leah while I’m at busy working away. 

As I write this I have to tell a quick little story told to us by a friend:  This friend had another friend that worked Amazon.com in Fernley NV last season, and she told her about how her sheets froze together!  Gee, I wonder if they ever ran heat????  Brian and I laugh at this little bit every time we think of the cold in Fernley.

Fernley has more to offer, with Reno being a very short distant away and shopping will be made easier.  By the sounds of the campground it will be paradise compared to what we had last year. 

Being at Fernley fulfillment center also keeps us centrally located here in the Western part of the U.S. as we travel each summer and explore new states out West.

So, as our adventure for this summer nears to an end-another new one will soon begin….

No comments:

Post a Comment