Saturday, October 8, 2011

TO BUSY 2 WRITE-Part Three

After a busy weekend and helping out both at Mom’s and at Steve’s place-when Monday rolled around, Brian got up feeling sick.  It’s once again raining and chilly outdoors.  Mom wants to go shopping in yet another town and it was decided that just the girls would go and Brian would stay at home and rest.

After making the trip we found nothing that was desirable to us and it rains the whole time.  We arrived back by early afternoon and Brian still isn’t up to par.  We were to go out with Steve & Diane and the boys to a local restaurant for $1.00 make-your-own Tacos, but with him not feeling good, we just decide to stay home.

By Tuesday Brian is feeling a little better and finishes up some odd-n-end jobs inside and I finish washing down inside cupboards for mom.

Wednesday rolls around and now it’s my turn to wake up not feeling so hot.  We are deciding if we should leave or stay one more day.  Not knowing if it’s partial to the water we decide it’s best if we head out and go as far as Des Moines, IA and then get a motel for the night.

Just before leaving I start throwing up…not a good sign, but I decide to push forward and head out anyways.  Saying good-bye to mom was a hard thing, but all in all it was great seeing her once again and reconnecting with family members.

We didn’t get very far down the road when I really turn for the worse, we could turn around or go a little farther down the road.  We made it as far as Rochester MN when I finally told Brian that I need to stop and get a motel.  Ms. Garmin found us a motel 6.  We choose that particular chain because they allow pets at no extra charge.  Brian told the desk clerk that I was sick and we needed a quiet as possible room.

I slept on and off for the rest of the day.  It appeared to be quiet, until all the construction guys came back then we had banging going on over our heads and the folks in the next room was blaring their TV so loud-we couldn’t hear ours.  Brian went and complained twice and the last time, they moved us to another room and gave us $11.00 off our bill-whoopee….

The room was a little quieter, but we could hear the people next to us as she coughed almost all night long.  One thing for sure-I will NEVER go back to that motel again!!

We got up early the next morning and I’m feeling better, the tummy has settled down and all I want to do is go home.  I couldn’t drink coffee and I was getting sick of drinking 7-up, but we made sure that we both stayed hydrated for the trip home.

We got back to Coffeyville late that afternoon.  Once we got unpacked we finally got a chance to look at our surrounding and poor Leah really didn’t have a decent yard.  It was either piled with large rocks or mud.  We went to the office and asked for another site.  We were moved to a much better site. 

Now I have just a few days to rest up and get to feeling better before I start on Sunday with Amazon.com….hope I can make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment